- Made a list of all the things we want to do for the house. Sorted said list into “sooner” and “later”.
- Finally put up the plastic light covers under the flourescents in the kitchen.
- Swept the downstairs.
- Vacuumed the stairs.
- Measured the hot water temperature (111F) and turned up the temp on the water heater. (New temp 134F)
- Made dvds out of Scfi’s Earthsea – let me know if you need a copy.
- Went shopping for All The Food Evar. Put away like 12 bags of food.
- Made Pot Roast in the crock pot. Came out great! The only problem was I started late and it was not done until 10:00 pm. I could not tell if searing the outside of the roast made any difference or not… the meat on the edges might have been slightly tastier but I could be imagining things. Next time, just like this but less or no vinegar, possibly substitute some broth.
- Did like 2 loads of dishes.
- Painted the unpainted spot where the old stove was. (Old stove was a one-piece oven/range/microwave above thingy, and removing it had left a beige spot that needed to become white)
- Went to Home Despot and got a new drill, after figuring out that the old drill didn’t work. Got the rechargeable drill, circular saw, light, handheld vac set with two batteries and charger, all for like $129. Also returned the light bulbs, got new different lightbulbs, got a motion-sensor night light, dust mop, and whisk broom/dustpan.
- Did another load of dishes.
- Hung the microwave from the cabinet. This was pretty much an all-day project. Good things: it had a bracket that mounted on the wall and held the weight of the oven while I farted around with the screws on top. Very nice. Bad things: Had to take it down once and put it back up because the power cord was stuck behind it and not next to it; had to take it down a second time because the holes down through the cabinet above were just slightly off. Also, after trying to get the screws in at an angle, I mangled the threads enough so that I had to really work to power the third screw in. Power cord is just 6 inches short so I need to find a 6-inch 20-amp extension cord :| But, it is finally up and looks great.
- Vacuumed the entire upstairs.